Saturday, December 4, 2010

Well here we go...

So this is my first post. I know you all are pretty excited, so I'll start it off as great as I can.

This is going to be my new girlfriend for a while (and main reason I was motivated to start this blog). Here is the spec sheet, which will probably be changed within the next few weeks before I order all the parts. Kind of like seeing a hot girl but not knowing if she is nice to ride..... errrrrr..... nice to talk to. Anyways, here it is.




* Frame Size & Color:
      Niner One 9
* Fork:
Reba Team 29
* Brakes:
Hayes Stroker Gram - Cleansweep X
* Brake Levers:
Included
* Cables:
Jagwire Ripcord
* Crankset:
Fifteen G/The Hive
* Chainring:
Fifteen G/The Hive Guidering
* Bash Ring:
K-Edge MTB Guard
* Bottom Bracket:
Included
* Front Derailleur:
-
* Rear Derailleur:
-
* Pedals:
Eggbeaters
* Stem:
Easton EA90
* Handlebar:
Easton EC90 XC
* Seatpost:
Thomson Masterpiece
* Saddle:
Sette Evo Ti
* Seatpost Clamp:
Woodman Deathgrip SL Ti
* Cassette:
-
* Headset:
Chris King NoThreadSet
* Chain
KMC Z410
* Shifters:
-
* Grips:
ESI Chunky
* Tubes:
-
* Front Tire:
SCHWALBE Racing Ralph 2.4
* Front Rim:
Industry 9 SS to Stan's Crest
* Front Hub/Skewer:
Salsa Skewers
* Rear Tire:
SCHWALBE Racing Ralph 2.25
* Rear Rim:
Industry 9 SS to Stan's Crest
* Rear Hub/Skewer:
Salsa Skewers
* Weight: lbs. (gram)
20.5ish lbs

Pretty awesome right? Yes I know, it is. So that's the plan. Not sure if it will happen with those exact parts, but it will happen. And soon.

Well i guess i could tell you a little about my current state of mountain biking prowess. Since I came to college and decided not to swim competitively I needed something to do. I did it every once in a while for fun but wasn't hooked until i did the Brown County Break Down. I did the 40 mile which was about 20 miles farther then i had ever bike before. Through the pain or riding a rigid single speed bike i emerged a mountain biking giant. OK maybe in my own  mind but that is how it started. I did it again this year (more successfully too) and one of my dads friends who helps run a bike shop asked me if i would like to ride for them. Ummmmmm YES!!! So i can now afford to buy a sweet bike while still affording to keep the required drinking binge us college kid are required to go through, paid for

Well thats all folks. Hopefully i can keep updating the blog with all kinds of useful information. Such as what i should name my bike...

The Slampiece
Furious George
Mega Bike

Just can't choose.... so heres a video



2 comments:

  1. I didn't watch that video last time I was on here. That is an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. love how it honks at the end.

    ReplyDelete