Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sweet Rims Dude

So i think i have narrowed my wheel choice down to one. The beautiful, sexy and shiny I-9s.

Although i am sorry to say they will not be in purdy purple. I am not near cool enough to roll around with those. But you can get them in many awesome colors!

My previous choice was a nice set of American Classic wheels but it seems their published weight is without skewers (I know right!). Who would do such a thing. That adds a whopping 90grams to the already 1600grams! That brings it to.....  ummmm..... 1510grams.... or something. So i just couldn't bring myself to have to pedal those (ugly) anchors around.

Which brings me to to the Industry Nine wheelset. I have been crusin the net for any information on how much the hot pair of wheels weigh but i just couldn't find any.

Until now! (I know, the suspense must be killing you). It is 1562grams for the 29er SS wheelset without skewers. That equals out to 1652grams total!!! A whopping 48gram difference! And i am getting them in red (did i mention they are just darn arousing). I am pretty excited, aren't you?! Red will go nicely with the silver Niner One 9 frame and red ESI Chunky grips. And i have heard that the color red makes you go faster. Scientifically proven.

So here are some more names i may possibly call my bike, with  from my friend Boner (not his actual name, FYI)(Follow him at http://livingwithazombie.blogspot.com/)  :

Precious
Big Wheels
Death Star
The Kraken



And another awesome video:

1 comment:

  1. FURIOUS GEORGE! and adam you are seriously cracking me up with this whole blogging thing! never took you as the blogging type but i like it...especially how you highlight certain words in your post haha

    ReplyDelete